Plant-for-the-Planet is a global organization advocating for large-scale restoration around the world and is the leader of the Trillion Tree Campaign. Plant-for-the-Planet is also working to restore and protect 20,000 ha near the Reserva de la Biosfera Calakmul, Campeche, Mexico. We are also currently developing a fundraising and monitoring application to aid in global forest restoration projects.
We are looking for a full-time Writer & Social Media Manager to work in our office in Constitución, Campeche, to start as soon as possible.
- Write blog articles and create accompanying social posts about the new tools and features created by our software development team.
- Engage with restoration organizations and other users to create content and stories from different perspectives on why ecosystem restoration is important and how they are using Plant-for-the-Planet’s tools and features to support restoration efforts (to be published on e.g. Plant-for-the-Planet’s Blog)
- Produce social media content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Youtube) about our reforestation work in Campeche
- Engage our online community with content around the need to restore global ecosystems to tackle the climate crisis.
- Document the ongoing work of Plant-for-the-Planet’s Mexican team for our blog.
- You will publish your stories and posts in English. A colleague in Germany will assist you with translation for republishing in German.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication, media, marketing or related field. Or a Bachelor’s degree in ecology, biology or related field.
- 3+ years experience in digital environmental campaigning.
- Positive attitude, strong communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- Experience with ecology, forestry or restoration media management.
- Knowledge of German or other languages.
Please send us your application documents (resume and cover letter), stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations, by email to email@example.com.