Plant-for-the-Planet is a global organization advocating for large-scale reforestation around the world and is the leader of the Trillion Tree Campaign. In addition to educating children and youth about the importance of addressing climate change, reforesting and protecting 22,500 ha near the Reserva de la Biosfera Calakmul, Campeche, Plant-for-the-Planet also builds online tools to help other restoration organisations raise funds for their efforts.
We are looking for a full-time Reforestation Projects Coordinator to work in our office in Playa del Carmen, starting in February 2021.
- Develop criteria and guidelines for high-quality reforestation and ecosystem restoration projects on the Plant-for-the-Planet donation platform
- Establish reporting standards and templates for reforestation projects based on the criteria
- Manage the setup of a team of external on-site reforestation-project reviewers around the world
- Support the onboarding of restoration projects around the world onto the Plant-for-the-Planet donation platform
- Collaborate with a global team of ecologists and developers in Mexico, Germany and India to improve the Plant-for-the-Planet web platform, Main App (Android & iOS) and TreeMapper App (Android & iOS)
- Bachelor’s degree in restoration ecology, forestry or similar
- 3+ years experience in ecosystem restoration
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills, solution-oriented and a positive attitude
- Professional working proficiency in English
Please send us your application documents (resume and cover letter), stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations, by email to [email protected].