Plant-for-the-Planet is a global organization advocating for large-scale reforestation around the world and is the leader of the Trillion Tree Campaign. Plant-for-the-Planet is also working to reforest and protect 22,500 ha near the Reserva de la Biosfera Calakmul, Campeche, Mexico. Plant-for-the-Planet is currently developing their Campeche reserve into a model of tropical forest restoration and we are seeking staff that are excited about global reforestation.
We are looking for a full-time Online Campaigner/Social Media Manager to work in our office in Playa del Carmen, to start as soon as possible.
- Produce social media content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Youtube) about our reforestation work in Campeche (involves regular travel to Constitución, Campeche).
- Engage our online community with content around the need to restore global ecosystems to tackle the climate crisis.
- Document the ongoing work of Plant-for-the-Planet’s Mexican team for our blog.
- You will publish the content in English (and Spanish). A colleague in Germany will assist you with translation for republishing in German.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication, media, marketing or related field. Or a Bachelor’s degree in ecology, biology or related field.
- 3+ years experience in digital environmental campaigning.
- Positive attitude, strong communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- Experience with ecology, forestry or restauration media management.
- Knowledge of German or other languages.
Please send us your application documents (resume and cover letter), stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations, by email to [email protected].