Plant-for-the-Planet is a youth-led non-profit organization with a vision to restore a Trillion Trees. We are a collective of young climate justice ambassadors, environmental scientists, designers, and software developers – in the Americas, Asia & Europe – working together to find solutions to the climate crisis.
We are looking for a Strategic Director for our Yucatan Restoration and Conservation project based in Constitución, Campeche. You will work closely with the government of the state of Campeche and other stakeholders to embed Plant-for-the-Planet’s restoration and conservation work in a broader jurisdictional approach for the Yucatan peninsula. As part of that, you will manage site selection for restoration based on that approach and design the expansion of our conservation program. You will co-manage a team of eight ecologists and communications staff and coordinate the activities of >100 nursery technicians, forest rangers, and field teams.
This position is based in Constitución, Campeche where on-site housing and three meals are provided. Some flexibility in working location is negotiable, but you are expected to spend most of your time on site.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing jurisdictional restoration and conservation approaches
- 2+ years of experience managing teams
- Master’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental management, or related field
- Intimate knowledge of conservation and restoration methods
- Experience with the Mexican conservation legal frameworks
- Speak Spanish and English
Good to have
- Experience with remote-sensing based deforestation monitoring
- Experience in fundraising
Please email your application documents (resume and cover letter), stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations to Dr. Leland Werden (email@example.com).